Charlotte De Vos
2015/2016 International President's theme:
- What's been happening around NZ? Check out all the news including our recent National Conference by reading the latest Inner Link
- Read the Latest Inner Wheel Communicator in
INTERNATIONAL INNER WHEEL PRESIDENT CHARLOTTE DE VOS FLANKED BY INCOMING INTERNATIONAL BOARD DIRECTOR HAZEL HUNTER AND INNER WHEEL NZ PRESIDENT DI PATCHETT AT THE 2016 INNER WHEEL NZ CONFERENCE IN CHRISTCHURCH, NZ
( See more photos under Events > Conference 2016 Photos )
MARGARETTE GOLDING AWARD
President Di Patchett had the honour of presenting Helen Henderson with a Margarette Golding award recently. Here is Helen receiving her award.
Inner Wheel NZ: Who are we?
Inner Wheel is the largest women’s voluntary service organisation operating in the world. As a non-government organisation, Inner Wheel representatives work within the United Nations on committees in Geneva, Vienna and New York to better the lives of women globally. As the sister organisation of Rotary International we work closely with its members on service projects.
Inner Wheel is active in over 100 countries and geographic locations with over one hundred thousand
members. In New Zealand, we have 64 clubs spanning the country from Whangarei to Invercargill and
including clubs in Fiji and New Caledonia. Our clubs meet monthly to enjoy friendship and participate
in service to the community, at home and overseas. Find out more about Inner Wheel in New Zealand here.
Message from National President 2015-2016, Di Patchett
Welcome everyone to the 2015 2016 Inner Wheel year. Congratulations and thank you to all who have taken on roles for this year. You are helping us to “keep rowing”.
Thank you for the opportunity to be Inner Wheel New Zealand President 2015 2016. It is an honour to be nominated and elected to this position. I look forward to leading the organisation forward, following in the footsteps of our 15 Past Presidents who have all left an incredible legacy of commitment and desire for improvement.
What an exciting time we are in? The strategy meeting held in November has produced a set of realistic actions for consideration
Key areas include:
- Membership both recruitment and retention – building a sustainable model from the ground up
- Re engaging members – renewing the energy of all members
- Identifying , utilising and combining the skills of every member in every club
- Sharing success stories across clubs and districts and internationally - collaborating
- Public Profile - to actively promote the organisation – being proactive rather than reactive.
- Strengthening the support we provide for incoming officers
- To realise maximum participation in our Biennial conference 2016 to be held in Christchurch with the most appropriate theme “Rebuild”
At training day I made reference to Einstein famous saying “When we all think alike no one is thinking. When we keep doing the same thing we keep getting the same result”.
Charlotte de Vos – International Inner Wheel President 2015 2016 has presented the theme for this year- Unique and United.
I believe Charlotte’s intention is to encourage us all to revisit what unites us and discuss ways in which we can do things differently. How can our brand be even more distinctive and unique?
I am looking forward to working alongside your District Chairman and meeting as many members as possible through visits and Inner Wheel activities.