On 14th July we held a movie night at the Lighthouse Cinema Pauatahanui to raise funds for the Child Cancer Foundation. Carol Woodfield organised this with the help of Janet Reidy and all the generous Inner Wheel ladies – the dream team. Thank you everyone for your support and the delicious food. The light-hearted movie ‘Phantom of the Open’ was a big hit, enjoyed by all.
Tania Pattemore gave us a brief talk on the role of the Child Cancer Foundation, explaining the beads of courage given to mark treatment procedures. Carol’s grandson George has about 1,300 of these beads, that’s 14 necklaces!
Our total profit for the evening was an amazing $3,097. As you can imagine the Child Cancer Foundation were delighted to receive our donation. Thank you very much everyone for your wonderful support. We would like to thank all the sponsors of the raffle, the silent auction and lucky seat prizes:
- Artist John Fisher (member Jan’s husband) for kindly donating the print of his beautiful boatshed painting.
- Margaret and Ted Nation for the chocolates
- Bryan Pauley Hair Hairdressing for lucky seat prizes
- Barbara Nichols for the wine.
- The Whitby Co-op for the 2x $100 vouchers.
- Jennie Sherwin for the gift basket.
- Robin Mita for the skincare set.
- New World Mana for the gift basket.